WP3 - iDEAlab operation
The activities in WP3 aim to pilot operation of 5 iDEA labs.
1. Individual, group and hybrid idea generation activities, whether in virtual or physical space, are crucial. Students will enter the lab with own ideas, but idea generation process will be stimulated as well by companies, which will submit problems and challenges that need to be solved. At least 200 students’ ideas and 50 companies’ problems will be presented.
2. Trainings (at least 90) will help students (at least 500 trained students) to obtain necessary entrepreneurial skills and knowledge to bring their entrepreneurial ideas to the next level.
3. Mentoring is expected to be an extension of trainings, and to provide assistance in specific actions of each team or student, giving practical advices, consultations and other help to the project that is being mentored (at least 50 ideas will be mentored).
4. Networking (with other students, mentors and interested companies) is basis for new connections and collaborations between lab users who do not know each other. To support this process, based on ViDEA, regional Market for Ideas will be developed (M27).
5. Practical realizations, like creation of multimedia content, development of apps for mobile and tablet devices, simple prototyping, simulation and testing of new services, software testing, lead-user and ordinary-user testing, service providing and many others are the core of the iDEA labs concept and necessary for developing idea into innovation.
PMT will monitor and evaluate work (number & variety of ideas & problems; training schedule & quality, number of: trained & mentored students; mentors; ideas on the Market; networking events; developed open innovations and start-ups) undertaken at operational level, while QG will control quality of results (based on trainers & mentors reports; students’ evaluation of programs and conditions; investors interest; success in applications for start-up finance; companies’ feedbacks).
3.1 Training iDEAlab users
3.2 Mentoring students’ ideas and start-up
3.3 Developing open innovations
3.4 Establishing marketplace for ideas