The Learning Event on Developing project management skills for open innovation and entrepreneurship of the project Fostering students‘ entrepreneurship and open innovation in university-industry collaboration – IDEAlab took place in Sheffield, United Kingdom, on June 16-17, 2015. The event was hosted by University of Sheffield, and organised and implemented by WUS Austria and University of Stuttgart.
The learning event in Sheffield was the last of four formal workshop based events intended to support the development of Idea Labs. The aim of the learning programme was to:
- bring closer the main tasks, tools and techniques of good project management to the participants
- share the experience in project management with the participants
- focus on communication and conflict management in open innovation and entrepreneurship
- get an overview of the virtual Idea Lab platform – status quo, new ideas, next steps
- get an overview of Sheffield’s experience with fostering entrepreneurship and innovative and entrepreneurial projects
- present the six idea Labs at each university: status quo, challenges, equipment purchase, official start, training modules and mentoring, dissemination activities at each university.
- held an project management meeting, according to completed activities, next steps and further meetings.