The workshop on modelling iDEA lab and first project management meeting took place in Stuttgart, Germany, on July 7-9, 2014. Representatives from partner institutions were hosted by University of Stuttgart and Fraunhofer IAO.
The goals of the Workshop were the following:
- To model a concept for iDEA lab
- To identify main elements of living labs, pre-incubators and business accelerators applicable to iDEA lab and link them to the local needs
- To define focus of idea labs in all 6 cities,
- To identify best ways to motivate and select students and companies to participate in idea lab
- To define functional characteristics of virtual network of idea labs
Following reports on best EU practice and local need assessment, all partners, led by University of Novi Sad, took their part in modelling the iDEA lab: analysing the best examples of living labs, pre-incubators and business accelerators from EU, and how to transfer that practice in WBC to fit the needs of this region.
Along with this workshop, the first project management meeting brought together members of project management team and steering committee to review work progress, assess financial flow and agree on further actions.